Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 14

It’s weird that I have been here for 2 months now. Sometimes it feels like it’s been forever. But I have 3 more months to go and lots to do! This weekend I went to an AFL game (Australian Rules football). But don’t let that fool you because it’s NOTHING like football. It’s more like a violent soccer if you ask me. But it was really cool to watch. The game was at Olympic Park which was where the Sydney Olympics were held. The place was huge! It was also nice because I went with 2 Aussie boys so they could explain everything to me!

The biggest news of the week is that I’m moving to a new place! It’s not that I don’t like it here because I do- the people are really nice. But it’s really out of the way from where my friends are and I end up spending so much time traveling and money on cabs at night. Plus I hate the owners of this place. They impose rules that make me feel like I’m 12 again. (No eating in your room, no guests past 11). So I’m happy to be going in less than 2 weeks! The place I’m moving into is more of like a home stay because it’s an actual house. I’ll be living with a 29 year old woman and a 33 year old gay guy. I get my own room finally and big bed, wahoo!! So I think this is going to give me a whole new experience and I can’t wait.

I’m also looking forward to my trip to Brisbane! I just booked it for the end of May. I’m going to visit one of my best friends from high school who is studying there. Hopefully we’re going to make a day trip to the Gold Coast where there is some good scuba diving!!

I have to say, I’m very jealous of Europe because I walked around the entire city of Sydney today trying to get wireless internet and there’s no such thing. The closest thing I got was in a Starbucks- you could connect but for $6 for half an hour! Absurd. So I’m jealous of all my friends in Europe who can go to any café for internet.

Other than that, nothing too exciting is going on. Hopefully that’ll change soon though. Stay posted :)

No comments: