Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 20

It’s Sunday morning and I’m delaying the start of my essay writing and test studying. I have my first test on Tuesday and I’m very scared. I’ve heard from endless people that if you’re a straight A student in America, you will get C’s in Australia. The tests and grading system is that much harder. So I’ll let you know how that goes.

This past week has been mostly rainy. The summer is officially gone and my warm clothing has officially come out. You will all be interested to hear that I went to a lyrical class at the Sydney Dance Company studios on Monday. It kicked my ass and reinforced the fact that I’m so incredibly out of shape. I felt the repercussions of it all the way through Thursday. But I bought a 5 class card so I’m going to try to go every week. It felt good to be back in the studio.

On Thursday, I volunteered to speak at an exchange fair to people from Sydney thinking of studying overseas. I decked myself out in Texas gear, whipped out a jersey, and sported my Longhorn bag. I spent the next 4 hours answering questions about the abroad experience and Texas in general. By the end of the day, I was incredibly homesick. I never realized how much I loved Austin.

Last night was Passover and while I was invited by some random Aussie guy to go to his Seder, I felt a little uncomfortable since I had only met him once. So instead, 15 of my friends had a giant feast in honor of Passover. I even left the balcony door open for Elijah figuring he could just as easily fly in. Then I secretly hid an afikomen and laughed while all the guys ran around trying to find it.

And now I’m sitting here having just called everyone to say hello and I’m dreading having to start studying. So I guess that means today really isn’t different than any other day…

No comments: