Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12

As expected I don’t really have any news. The things I look forward to in my day are…
- finding a new remote location in the library
- taking the train home so late that I don’t have to pay
- seeing how many books I can fit in my backpack
- Seeing how many times the people sitting next to me come and leave while I'm still there… max so far is 11

On Monday it was the Queen’s birthday so it was a national holiday. I went to Jenna’s so I could use her internet because for some reason mine has been very temperamental. Anyway, I had been facebook messaging with my professor who is 27 and way too much of a kid to be teaching. (The last day of class was held in the campus pup). And he was organizing a night out and invited us all in the class to come. Since my grades have been horrendous this semester, I hoped that making an appearance might have an affect. By the time I got there with Jenna and Major, he was wasted. He bought us all beers and we sat and talked. I purposefully brought Major along so he could hold a competent sport’s conversation with my sports class professor! It worked perfectly. By the end of the night Jenna was scolding him for making me write a 10 page pager as the final. His response (and I quote), “oh what does it matter, Shira’s already got an A.” Between me and you, that is anything but true. But as long as that’s what he thinks I’m not going to complain. But I am proud to say that I actually boozed with my professor! I don’t think that’s a statement many are able to make. It was quite an experience.

Tomorrow I hand in all three of my papers. Upon handing them in, my soul is returned to me and I am a free woman. Except I have one more exam on the 20th but it’s not an essay so that’s all that matters. Then during the evening, I’m going to shabbat dinner at the guy Brett’s house (Aussie guy who is coming to Texas next semester).

Also, Tuesday afternoon I volunteered to speak to students who are coming to the US next fall on exchange. I ended up meeting 3 more kids who will be at Texas! I get so excited just thinking about it. I’m glad that I’ll be able to take a piece of Australia back with me… or a person for that matter. Can’t wait to be able to show them the TEXAN WAY :)

I'm going to be home in less than a month.... WEIRD

No comments: