Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15

I have managed to accomplish almost everything I’ve wanted to do here. This weekend I checked off two more items that were on my list. The first one is driving. On the way home from Shabbat dinner, Brett offered Jenna and I a chance to take the wheel. I felt like a 16 year old in the car for the first time. I heard comments from Brett that I was sure came from my father: “curb Shira, curb!” and “green means go, Shira.” All I kept thinking was: I wonder if I’m insured in Australia. haha, just kidding. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Driving on the opposite side of the road isn’t that hard… it’s sitting on the opposite side of the car that is hard to get used to. There were at least 3 times within 10 minutes that I used the left handle to single a turn but instead got the windshield wipers. It was awesome and I’m so glad I got to try it.

The next item marked off of my to-do list was going to a gay bar on Oxford Street. Oxford Street is lined with gay bars and walking down the sidewalk could keep you entertained for hours… you see the darndest things. About every 30 minutes inside the bar, there would be a show put on by… someone. The first time it was 2 guys dancing on the bars moving in ways no heterosexual man could ever do. The second time was a ladyboy named Beyonce G-Spot, singing the little Mermaid, (refer to pictures). That’s something you don’t see every day. Anyway, we lasted about an hour in there; the amount of unavailable men was giving us a headache. So that was our memorable night on Oxford Street.

Not much more to tell ya. I went to the markets yesterday and a dance class today. The weather sucks. It has been raining for 2 weeks now and the wind is out of control. Well I have nothing further so it’s time to go raid my kitchen. Happy Father's Day to all :)

No comments: